The PA at the Charles is owned by the PBC.
- Main PA: EV QRx 212/75 600W cabs and two JBL 215 600W subs per side
- Mid room delay speakers: one 100w 112/H EV box per side
- Monitors (from FOH): 3 sends into 4 JBL wedges
- 17 mics (Shure, Sennheiser, AKG) and 5 DI's (Radial, Sansamp)
- 20 channels (2 x APB Pro-Rack desks)
- 1 Yamaha D1500 Echo, 1 Lexicon PCM60 Reverb
- 1 DBX 160x mono insert compressor (on vocal group)
- 1 Behringer stereo insert compressor (on snare & bass)
Note: The vocal channels are doubled up on the mixing desk for added monitor flexibility. Monitors and PA are tuned for Shure 545D vintage vocal microphones, similar in sound to Shure SM57 and SM58 mics.
The Lighting System at the Charles is owned by the hotel and operated by Paul Daniels 0419 993-150
6m wide x 4.8m deep(20x16ft). Please provide a stage plan and either email it direct to ????????? (email below) or attach to the band information form.
Access to the stage is via the Charles Hotel carpark in Ellesmere Street, through the back double doors, approximately 20m from the back of the stage.
The PBC has three acts on every Tuesday, usual starting times are 8.00pm, 9.15pm and 10.30pm. Most acts set up after 6pm, doors open to the public at 7.30pm. There is generous space behind the stage making change-overs a bit easier than in most pubs.
Anyone requiring a soundcheck or wanting to set up before 6pm, or use different vocal mics, please arrange (at least 3 days in advance) with our soundman.