Extended Family's ground-breaking groove/roots music developed from the
band's origins as a Mississippi Delta blues duo - formed by guitarist/vocalist Aaron Houston and vocalist Alexandra Kaye - in 1998. The duo then expanded to welcome the funk/groove talent of Milica Stefanovic on bass/vocals.
In 2002, Extended Family opened its arms to international-music maestro, Ian Watson and blues/jazz man, Scott Turner. All friends who studied contemporary music together at university in Sydney, the now five-piece band (then called PANDA) launched the debut EP, "Pandamonium Live" the
- Charismatic guitarist/vocalist Aaron 'Aza' Houston is a wit with old-school style and "Sydney's best bluesman" (Clive, Managing Director of Destra Media).
- Smooth soul queen, Alexandra 'Soulsista' Kaye (also of Australia's leading acapella group Kaya), is a little bit Aretha and a whole lot of class.
- Milica 'Rockstar' Stefanovic has been described as 'Australia's hottest bass player' (by Triple J roots queen Dallas Frasca).
- Ostentatious Ian 'Coomba' Watson delivers drums and percussion simultaneously with 'octopus-like' flair, while
- Scott Turner plies his sultry blues/jazz style of old on saxophone/clarinet/harmonica.
Live footage and Nocturnal TV interview: